So you know how I said I was going to be picking up a new barn cat? Well, the cat still hasn't shown up. The "owner" (who I'm now thinking is more accurately named the "trapper") keeps telling me that he needs "another week". Well, we had settled on a pickup of this week (it's now been almost 5 weeks since I offered to take this cat) and I have yet to hear from the guy.
I told the guy that I was going to spay/vaccinate the cats and he told me not to worry about it because he would have that done. I told him I wanted vet records. No response.
Check out this email that he sent me on May 28th:
I want to let you know I mistakenly sent you the wrong email which contained information on socializing and a picture of a cat. I meant to send that to someone else. The socializing piece really isn't that critical for you since they will be barn cats. I I still hope to have them ready for you by the week of the 7th. My apologies!!
Then I get this one on the 7th of June ...
I was just wondering if we could possibly postpone the delivery of the 2 cats for another week or two? We've had some unexpected rescues come up and this would just buy me a little more time. The cats should be okay until then.
Ok, so first off, I agreed to take one cat, not two. Not sure how it ended up that I was taking two but it doesn't really matter much. Two is fine. Then on June 8th, I asked what rescue he works with. Who does he volunteer with?? No answer. I have received NO emails since.
Don't you think that if he worked with a LEGIT rescue that he would accept the offer of money to help pay for vet bills??
Also, don't you think that if he's "had some unexpected rescues" come in that he would be more than happy to off-load some cats?
So, I have decided he is a creeper. I won't be taking any cats from him unless he emails me the name of the rescue so I can check it out (and check him out too!). Let me tell you, I sure am glad I didn't give the guy my phone number!